Monday, March 11, 2019

Google Docs Translates for 83 Languages



In beginning to understand the Google Docs web-based free software, I was immediately drawn towards the "Tools" area that had "Voice Typing" and "Translate Document" tools to use for creating your Google Doc. Back in the 90's when I was using computer voice recognition programs for students who struggled with language skills, the technology just wasn't practical enough to use with any sort of ease and efficiency, but this is an amazing dictation tool. Being able to translate what you just dictated into the computer is another amazing gift to have, and one that I want to be able to use for our campaign. I am so glad that I was given this assignment to be able to discover something so valuable right under my nose.

These tools of inclusion were the ones I focused on teaching the class, but then I couldn't get it to upload from my phone to the computer because of the size of the video. I still haven't figured this part out so I can't exactly finish my assignment the way I planned. I am working on alternative methods right now!
my terrible instructional video with no sound yet

Well, I guess I am human after all. I think everybody knows that I am providing hospice and memory care for my terminally ill Dad, and this week has been a little difficult. It's a 24/7 job between my Mom and I and he is now unable to get out of bed and is on oxygen, and for the first time he is showing that his fight is over. I am tired and I have tried so many ways to try and use these products, but my fight is over right now as well. I just can't get things to work, even with my new found love for technology. Sorry I have nothing to share with the group. The video doesn't even play after I tried the 5th idea to have it work. There is always tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment